1. Use a Humidifier in the BedroomA humidifier won’t cure an infection of the sinuses, but it is a great natural remedy for sinus symptoms that stick around too long. Moist air is best for people experiencing sinus pain because it moisturizes the sinuses and helps reduce congestion. Keep a humidifier in the bedroom during sleeping hours, and try sitting in the bathroom with the hot water running to inhale the steam.1,3
2. Allergy-Proof the HomeSince allergens can make sinus pain worse, it is a good idea to allergy-proof the home in order to avoid additional triggers. Start in the bedroom by washing pillows and bedding, shampooing carpeting, and using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to trap allergens. Clean bathrooms regularly to prevent the growth of mold, a common allergen, and bathe pets frequently to prevent the accumulation of pet dander.3,4
3. Try a Saline SolutionNasal irrigation is another popular home remedy for natural sinus pain relief. Using a mild and sterile saline solution, sinus pain sufferers can rinse out the nasal passages to flush out mucus and other allergens. This is an effective measure because mucus and allergens are common causes of congestion. One way to use a saline solution is to lean over a sink and insert the solution into one nostril. It will make its way through the nasal cavity and find its way out from the other nostril. Make sure to breathe through the mouth, not the nose, while performing this natural remedy for sinus relief.3,4
4. Drink More WaterThe body needs water to function properly at all times, but especially when it is ill and fighting off an infection. While experiencing a sinus infection, drink more pure water or low-sugar juice to dilute thick mucus and facilitate better mucus drainage. Since the build-up of mucus contributes to sinus pain, it is important to increase water intake throughout the day to help the body naturally heal itself.1,3,4
5. Dietary AdjustmentsSimilarly, simple dietary adjustments can make a big difference in helping natural sinus pain relief strategies work better. Certain foods are great for clearing up the sinuses, such as horseradish, ginger, garlic, and onions.2 Foods rich in vitamin C, such as oranges and berries, help boost the immune system so that it can overcome a sinus infection more quickly. Meanwhile, avoid highly processed foods, dairy products, sugars, and salts when experiencing sinus pain to prevent the symptoms from becoming worse.
References for Natural Sinus Headache Relief: 5 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Sinus Pain
- Anthony, Kiara. Healthline. How To Relieve Sinus Pressure. Retrieved on September 5, 2019 from https://www.healthline.com/health/relieve-sinus-pressure
- Healthline. 9 Ways to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection, Plus Tips for Prevention. Retrieved on September 5, 2019 from https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-sinus-infection#boost-your-immunity
- Healthy Women. Sinusitis. Retrieved on August 24, 2019 from https://www.healthywomen.org/condition/sinusitis
- Sissons, Claire. Medical News Today. What Home Remedies Can Relieve Sinus Pressure? Retrieved on September 5, 2019 from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321322.php
VANQUISH® is indicated for tension headaches. If you have a cluster headache, sinus headache, migraine headache or any other type of headache you may want to consult a doctor.